Moving tags into Arrays RSL5k

JonAW

Hi Guys,

Another question for you knowledgeable people.

I have completely underestimated the number of tags I'm using for a large project and would like to rearrange my tagging a bit. For instance I have around 30 BOOL tags beginning with auto_start and I'd like to place them all within a common DINT array to tidy up my tagging system. Is there anyway i can do that without having to manually move each tag?

I know it's a long shot and very unlikely but it's always worth asking the question.

regards

Jonny

Why not group them into a UDT then?

Name the UDT auto_start. Now the tags are then named auto_start.line1 auto_start.line2, auto_start.line3, etc.

There isn't an "easy" method unfortunately.

However, if you go to the tag window and rename or edit the tags from there it will rename them everywhere they are being used.

It is also possible to export your tags to a CSV file then edit that CSV file in Excel and import those tags back into the Logix software. But again, not what I would call "easy".

OG

Thanks Guys,

Those are good suggestions. I've probably gone too far into the project now but I'll definitely keep these in mind.

thanks

Jonny