QNX using Siemens S5 not working

tazone

Please need urgent help...my process unit is not starting anymore.It'a QNX 4 communicating thru an Simatic S5 6SES5 951-7LD21, EPROM 6ES5376-1AA21.The eprom has red led on stop cp and green led ON (both): images attached.
PLEASE IS URGENT !!!

20141001_092227.jpg 20141001_092154.jpg

As you can see the CPU unit is OK (green led is on). Please tell me what is wrong with the EPROM which has the green led and red one ON.
Just one good answer please !!!

QNX 4 is from 1989 and I am guessing it is used at your plant for a HMI.
I am also guessing it communicates via Ethernet (not easy to know since the part no you wrote 6SES5 951-7LD21 is for the PSU, not the comms processor).

You have 2 problems, if I understand correctly.
1. the comms processor is stopped.
2. the QNX based HMI does not startup.

To me it seems you have to contact the original suppliers of the control system.
If that is not possible, you may have to create a new HMI from scratch.
But I think it is totally hopeless. Your system is a dinosaur that has died, and it is futile to try and revive it.
Obviously, a system based on S5 and QNX should have been replaced 10 years ago.

Oh the memories...
That's a CP143 SINEC H1 module.

The STOP LED illuminated just means that the H1 link is inactive, so there's a good chance that the problem lies with the hardware at the QNX 4 end rather than the PLC.

I never used QNX4 but I did use QNX2 quite a bit back in the mists of time. The message on the screen seems to be about a file that does not exists somewhere in /user/script/?????_50.

QNX2 is a multitasking operating system and may run different tasks on different consoles. From memory, you press Ctrl, Alt + 1,2,3 or 4 to switch between consoles 1,2,3 and 4 for example. I seem to remember that QNX4 is Xwindow compatible so it may behave very differently. There may be other consoles mounted and or running other tasks but it seems not the comms task.

Scratching the grey matter some more, QNX2 ran a script file on startup called sys.init (maybe sys.init.0). It looks like part of the startup script is looking for a file that now longer exists; maybe a recipe data file. Could it be that the current working recipe has been deleted?

Nick

If you zoom on one of the images you can see that the unit holding the eprom is a 6GK1143-0AB01 model. The CPU was replaced by another one when this problem came up. We also replaced the battery`s of the Simatic S5 unit.Cables and AUI to BNC (coaxial) adapter is also changed. The PC is running QNX 4 Iltis and besides that error everything runs ok....we can see the graphic interface of the whole equipment loading properly....usernames and passwords used are ok. The only problem is that the unit of the eprom is in that state....which I do not understand because I`m only an IT consultant. HMI ? This PC runs a very important equipment that produces soda ash dense (monohydrate). If u really know what the problem is let me know. I am sure I can`t resolve this but need to know exactly the cause and resolution of the problem.
Right now someone from Siemens is trying to make a new project using CP1430 tools and test it or use it to start the dinosaur.