Thermocouple Grade Vs. Extension Grade

The unstated difference is that extension wire doesn't quite meet the accuracy spec. It's good enough to provide a contiguous gradient at lower temperatures, but not good enough to qualify for standard limit of error wire.

As the Omega commentary states, you can use T/C wire for extension purposes, but you don't use extension wire for the T/C sensor itself.

Similar Topics

I am having an issue getting a IY4 to read my thermocouple correctly. We have a R type and K type hooked up and sitting at a known room...
Replies
Views
Posted by u/mr_biodtox 44 minutes ago Delta ISPSoft - Establishing communication with thermocouple module Hi, How do I establish communication...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have an ongoing project with a lot of thermocouple involved that monitor the temperature of heaters. There are more than 20 PID...
Replies
Views
Hello. PLC beginner here, so apologies in advance for any incorrect terminology or poor communication. I have an SLC 500 Thermocouple/mV Analog...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys, Trying to scale a thermocouple directly into my IY4 card. Connected into the terminal +\-. I’ve scaled the range of my J type to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom