AGP3200 to micrologix 1000

rookie77

Good afternoon guys!

So I can program my AB micrologix 1000 , download and run the program no problem,

I can program, and simulate my AGP 3200 proface panel and it looks good.

How do I get the two to pair up?

All I want to display is the counter on the screen. I have a screen and it is setup to monitor C5:1/1

Where do I start? Im new to this so no tech talk please! lol

You're doing something very technical but no tech talk? Okaaaayyyy.

The AGP3200 has a serial port, so that's what you'll have to use to talk to the Micrologix 1000. What you'll need is cable 1761-PM02 from Allen-Bradley. Make sure the baud rate, parity, stop bits, etc. serial settings in both the Micrologix and AGP are the same. If your AGP comms are set up correctly, it should work.

It always helps to post the programs you have written so that the forum members can review and offer suggestions. Just zip, (forum rules), and attach the files here to a post.

If it is making a connection it sounds like it’s not finding the data file in the MicroLogix it is looking for.

What are you actually trying to read? This reference is a bit which is within a 'internal use' area of the Counter structure.

C5:1.1 would be the Preset value for the counter
C5:1.2 would be the Accumulated value of the counter

Last edited:
C5:1.2 is what I'm looking for, think I have a bad cable. I'm going to find the pin out and make one up to work of the programming cable for the plc