Winview Communications

sparkytex

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello guys,

So I managed to make the equustek DLPCIe - DF1/DH+ card work with Win linx. I set up the 1770 KE driver with com 3 and DH+ 15 Oct (Which I assigned) and presto it worked and it was reading all the DH+ PLC's. However when I start up Wintelligent View and open up the secondary treatment HMI program and Press Runtime it fails to establish communications with Win Linx. I have Win Linx open with super who open, both the Ethernet and the DH+ drivers are working properly and showing so.

I took some snap shots of the error msg's im getting in Runtime, basically its saying its failing to communicate with any of the DH+ PLC's. I don't quite understand this seeing as how I can see right infront of me on Super who that they drivers are corking properly. Making a spare for this Winview HMI is turning into a nightmare. If anyone could help me get this up and running I'd be ecstatic as this is the last piece of the puzzle.

Photo 1 shows the Ethernet driver working correctly.
Photo 2 shows the 1770 KE driver working correctly.
Photo's 3 and 4 show the error msg's that pop up when I initiate runtime.

thanks, TEX

winlinx1.jpg winlinx2.jpg winview1.jpg winview2.jpg

I don't have any reliable memories of how Wintelligent View and WinLinx worked together.

I know RSView32 and RSLinx could use either "direct drivers" or OPC.

Back in the WinView days, OPC didn't exist yet and DDE was the hot technology.

Your WinView error messages suggest that it's looking for two DDE topics, called AIR-1 and AIRMAST.

A DDE Topic is going to need to know which driver to use and which PLC to talk to. There will be one DDE Topic per PLC.

My guess is that the DDE Topics are still configured to use the original ISA or PCI card driver, and that they need to be reconfigured to use the DF1 driver.

So I created topics under the DDE server for all the SLC 5/04 processors that communicate over the DH+. As soon as I opened up Win View and hit run it was actually working for a second. Then all of the sudden the same error msg's popped up one by one and it actually crashed the whole DH+ system. As soon as I unplugged the little phoenix connector from the back of the PCI card it came back online. The driver in Win Linx seemed to be working fine, but as soon as I tried to go online with the HMI it just crashed everything.

the equustek card is now showing a fault according to the LED's on the back on the card. I have no idea why it would be working fine then all off the sudden crash the DH+. When I was creating new topics for the plc's I typed in the topic name that matched the processor then selected update list, chose the driver (KF2b) then selected the PLC from the drop down list on the driver.

Is there anywhere to set the Poll Rate or Poll Interval when you configure the OPC topic ?

I wonder if the "crash" isn't simply the DH+ network getting overloaded with data request from the Equustek card.

If you're connected to the same DH+ network as the existing HMI, you're at least doubling the data traffic by adding another HMI, right ?

Do you have access to the currently-running WinView box so you can examine the WinLinx configuration ?

yah I was putting this HMI online with the other 3 that are currently serving as HMI's for secondary treatment which could have overloaded it. The poll rate is currently set at 1000 mSec and I can change that. I do have access to one of the old HMI computers, I have looked at Win Linx and those old computers are using the 1784-KT/KT2/PCMK-to DH+ driver. With super who you can choose to view the station update mode from a pull down list like in winlinx2.jpg, or from a graphical point of view like in winlinx1.jpg. the old box's both use the graphical view for both the Ethernet and DH+ drivers. When I try to switch to the graphical view for my DH+ driver only the equustek card shows up and none of the plc's, but when I change back to the drop down list all is fine and I can see the plc's communicating.

Maybe I should take one of the old computers offline before I try and put this spare back online?