Off topic question

Soggy Canuck

Lifetime Supporting Member
I bought a AB 836e pressure transducer 4-20mA o/p. The included wiring diagram shows sig+ only. Am I supposed to take the sig- input at the plc to the 0v of the sensor power supply?

Page nine kind of illistrates where I'm getting hung up. The dotted line coming off the bottom of the input device .....on my plc, where would I tie it to?

After reading the manual (something you can also do) it appears that you could have one of three different units.

1) With display - two PNP outputs. The unit functions as a dual limit device using limits set via the display portion of the unit. Can indicate OK/HI, HI/HIHI, or whatever you set the setpoints to. There is NO analog output at all. That's the first diagram (leftmost top) on page 9.

2) With display - one PNP output and one analog output. The unit functions as a single limit device using limit set via the display portion of the unit. Can indicate OK, HI, or whatever you set the setpoint to. The negative side of the analog is connected to your power supply negative. That's the second diagram (rightmost top) on page 9.

3) Without display - one analog output - wired as shown on bottom of page 9.

Does this clear things up for you or do you need further direction?