ControlLogix to Fanuc Robot over Ethernet/IP

TonytheEE

Hey All,

I'm on a project where a ControlLogix PLC is connected to a R30-iA controller that runs 2 120iBe's and a 3rd group, all run from a R-J3iC Pendant.

The PLC is connected to the controller via Ethernet.

We are trying to figure out how to go about reading Data Addresses in the Robot, and writing to them, to run programs and pass in and out data, both analog and digital.

Does anyone have any reference material that I could use, or experience to share?

Thanks,

Tony

Too bad I'm new at my company, we seem to do this on the regular. The Fanuc is added as a generic ethernet module, but what to put in the instance/sizes for the connection parameters, I do not know. I think that is all setup on the Fanuc side. Once you have that setup, you simply set bits in ModuleName.O.Data[number] to set outputs and read in on ModuleName.I.Data[Number].

Hey All,

I'm on a project where a ControlLogix PLC is connected to a R30-iA controller that runs 2 120iBe's and a 3rd group, all run from a R-J3iC Pendant.

The PLC is connected to the controller via Ethernet.

We are trying to figure out how to go about reading Data Addresses in the Robot, and writing to them, to run programs and pass in and out data, both analog and digital.

Does anyone have any reference material that I could use, or experience to share?

Thanks,

Tony
I may have something for you, I need to check old backups.
We have used CompactLogix to do the interface.
I will send a PM if/when I Find it.