Help converting old MER file

danatomega

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone able to convert an older MER file to open in FatoryTalk View Studio V7 on Win-7 64 bit system?
The zipped file is too large to upload to the site (1.3 meg).

I have two files that need converted if someone could help.

Thanks in advance!

Link sent to your inbox.

I've been down that road before, round and round in circles trying to find a combination of laptop+32 bit OS+FTView Studio+Activation for FTView Studio+Correct version of FTView Studio. The best thing I ever did was invest in a decent virtual machine setup. So now I can make whatever combination of computer I need in a couple of hours :)

The link should give you a folder with 2 apa's. I was able to restore them into Studio using Windows 7 64 bit and it all looked OK when I opened them up. Obviously if there were any security settings you'll need to set those up again, but it didn't look like there were any.

FYI it's not always necessary to use the legacy import, I just restore the .mer's into a 32 bit OS, and then when you try to open them with a modern version of Studio, it does the conversion for you automatically (it asks you first). Then you can just close Studio and use the application manager to back it up to an apa and restore the apa on your 64 bit machine.

Last edited:
Thanks again! That's finally a load off my workspace. I really needed the graphics and now I have them! Awesome!