RS Logix 5000

kirandash

Hi there,

I am new to rslogix 5000....and i went to simulate it...but rslogix 5000 is not showing "RS Logix Emulate 5000 Controller" option when I create a new project.

It's not even showing controllogix controllers. The only thing present is compact logix controllers...

Any help????how to get emulator controllers plus controllogix options there..

You most likely have the "Mini" Edition of RSLogix 5000, which supports only the CompactLogix family of controllers.

It does not support ControlLogix or SoftLogix or Emulate 5000 controller programs.

The RSEmulate 5000 emulator is not just a mode of operation for RSLogix 5000; it's a separate purchased and licensed software product.

You would have to purchase the RSLogix Emulate 5000 software. Be sure to download the proper firmware version or you will run into issues, $1500 well spent.

Hi & Welcome to the Forum!

RSLogix 5000/ Logix Designer Software Edition Features...

http://www.ab.com/en/epub/catalogs/12762/2181376/2416247/360807/1837528/tab2.html

You would need say, RSLogix 5000 'Standard Edition' minimum just to support RSLogix Emulate 5000. Then you would need to purchase RSLogix Emulate 5000 separately. RSLogix 5000 Standard Edition will also give you support for the ControlLogix controllers, which your current Edition does not support.

Regards,
George