Help OMRON CJ1M communication

Joel201

Hello,

Is it possible to communicate my laptop with a CJ1M using a regular usb to rs232 cable? as i dont have laptop with rs232 port. Can you give suggestions on what i can do to communicate with a CJ1M PLC

Thanks,
Joel

The Omron 9 pin connector is NOT a standard pinout.

Also, USB to serial converters are not all the same.
There are many posts in the forum regarding converters.
The Omron CS1W-CIF31 is very reliable. Not inexpensive, but it works.

Here is the Omron pinout.

Omron DB9 pinout.jpg

Here is the Omron pinout.

Is the DB9 just a standard RS232? I have not made a cable for it but maybe I should... I have a few CJ1G's (CPU44H) and a few others that I can test them on but it would be nice for my customers to have another option other then the CS1W-CN226

Joel201 said:
Can i use the SIEMENS MPI Cable to communicate my laptop with CJ1M PLC?

No the MPI cable will not work, it is MPI and 485

Hi Mark,
The DB9 port is RS232. You need to be careful, because the protocol can be changed depending on what is connected.
For programming is needs to be set for Host Link.
There is a dip switch that can be set to make the port default to Host Link.

The CS1W-CN226 connects to the peripheral port. I think your C200HS-CN220-EU cable will work properly to the DB9 port on the plc.

JOEL201,
geniusintraining has cables available and is a great company to work with. I use his cables and have not had an issues.

Hope this helps.

Another approach is you use a PCI Express RS-232 adapter card. They tend to be much more reliable than the USB serial converters. You will still need to buy (or make) a CN220 cable as gtsuport indicated.

Can i just connect a standard db9 conenctor with a standard usb connector without the converters? can you give a wiring diagram if possible.

Thanks,

Can you give the USB to RS232 wiring? so that i can make a cable i am not that familliar with omron communication so i hope you can help me