Missing AOPs--anyone ever run into this?

At this point, I'm getting pretty desperate. I've tried the knowlege base. I've tried techconnect. Nobody seems to be able to help me. So maybe someone here can?

I have a project with Kinetix 350 servo drives. I have to use RSLogix 5000 version 20. The problem is, when I go to add the drives to my project, the Kinetix 350s aren't there. Only the Kinetix 300s. If I open Studio 5000 version 21, they're there. But I can't use version 21.

I've had Rockwell tech support make me a custom AOP installer and it still doesn't work. I've reinstalled version 20 twice and made sure I'm using the most up-to-date minor release. I've confirmed with other people I work with that the Kinetix 350s ARE an option in their v20 copies. For some reason, I just can't get them. Anybody experienced this before? They're supposed to be installed automatically but for some reason they're not, but all the other AOPs appear to be present.

EDIT: Never mind. I've been looking at this all day and only now I saw that I accidentally chose the L18ER instead of the ERM. Once I changed my project the correct drives showed up.

Last edited:
Doesn't it always seem that you try to figure it out for hours, and when you finally throw the question out there, you usually figure it out yourself about 10 minutes later!!! LOL Happens to me a lot!

I'm convinced that in having to type or speak the question, you employ some different part of your brain, which then releases the "idiot clamp" on the other part and you see the answer that was staring at you the whole time. I can't even begin to count how many times that has happened to me.

Actually what happened was I was chatting with the techconnect person who asked what type of controller I was using. This entire time I was sure I had chosen an L18ERM processor, but the question made me look again and I saw it was only the L18ER. I must have mis-clicked and picked one just above or below the one I actually wanted.