Injection molding machine

mzepeda

I have an injection molding machine with a ge fanuc 90-30 and I back up the program with LM90 but I can't see the ladder program to monitor the machine because it has a problem, when I cycle the machine the clamp closes and it does the injection but the clamp doesn't open and I have to open it manually and I need to see what is happening. Also I need to change the DSM302 motion module but I need to program the new module can you please help with this.

Thank you.

While I haven’t had a chance to play with it much, GE’s Proficy Machine Edition will work with 90-30’s and does have an “online” operation. You do have to register the software however there is a temporary license you can get from your local GE dealer.

I have an injection molding machine with a ge fanuc 90-30 and I back up the program with LM90 but I can't see the ladder program to monitor the machine because it has a problem, when I cycle the machine the clamp closes and it does the injection but the clamp doesn't open and I have to open it manually and I need to see what is happening. Also I need to change the DSM302 motion module but I need to program the new module can you please help with this.

Thank you.
It is very likely that someone here can help, however to be efficient you need to ask specific and detailed questions as we cannot see how you are using what you have and do not know what your program looks like.

LM90 can be used to monitor the program running in a 90-30 if it has been allowed by the developer, have you talked to them? Also must have the Logic in LM90 "Equal To" the program in the CPU, this will be shown on the LM90 screen.

LM90 is nearly 15 years old, that is ancient for software. As mentioned Proficy Machine Edition is the modern software tool for the GE-IP (GE Fanuc) 90-30 PLC but you will need to research your hardware to verify compatibility.

There is GE-IP support all around the world, start here for the one near you. http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=spage&id=ST6&locale=en-US&perpage=25&locale=en_US

Last edited:
Thank you for the answer, I'm using Logicmaster 90 version 9.02 and when I'm trying to see the ladder program I get a message SFC is not supported in this version of logicmaster, also I have the proficy ME demo and I imported the program to it and it has an error on the logic and it can't import the program.RUSS I'm trying to send you a copy of the program but it says the exceeds the forum limit can you give me your email that way I can send you a copy.

You should contact your Distributor or Rep using the link above and order the SFC software to add to your copy of LM90:
IC641SWP311, LM 90-30 Sequential Function Chart Editor Option, Consists of: SFC option enabling disks (3.5" & 5.25"), SFC Users Manual (GFK-0854)
90-30 Hardware programmed using SFC is not comparable with Proficy ME.