Ge-Fanuc 90-30 Cpu ram memory reset

aslan

Hi. We have one machine which has 90-30 plc. Because of the some unusual alarm messages, machine manufacturer recommend cpu ram memory reset. How can i reset the cpu ram memory. PLC has eeprom for the control logic.

Aslan, you need to reset all the plc faults with Logicmaster 90 or proficy ME. Connect your computer to the plc with the cable and go online with the plc and go to the fault table and clear all the faults.

Clearing the faults does not "Clear the RAM".
You can connect to the processor and stop the CPU then in Proficy ME use the Target > Online Commands menu to clear all memory.
But as you say this system uses an EEPROM and if the OEM has set the system to "Copy Logic & Config" from there on power up, cycling power on the CPU rack will do the same thing.

But then it just may be that it looks to them that some retentive memory may have some incorrect data in it that needs to be cleared.

mzepeda, to clear fault table didn't solve the problem.
RussB, i will try your recommendation tomorrow. Thanks.