SLC 5/04 programming cable

Coulombboy

Hello guys. Got Slc5/04 with 9pin d shell port in it. Have cheked some manuals and this port is an RS 232. I want to ask if I could use a generic usb-rs232 converter to have the PLC programmed? Thanks in advance.

Should not be a problem, I think you'll need a gender changer. I hooked up last week with mine and didn't have a problem. WHen you setup the RSLinx , first look in your windows control panel for the comport your adapter is using. CHoose the SLC-Ch0 /micro.. driver.

Yes, you can use most of these USB/RS232 adapters. However, some have had issues in particular with the Auto-Configure option in RSLinx. I usually tell people to go with a name brand adapter. Many forum members prefer Keyspan.

Keep in mind that you will still need to use a null modem serial cable in addition to the adapter. All the USB adapter is doing is giving your PC a serial port. The null modem cable is still necessary.

OG