variable out to the PLC tag.
Anyone have one that works
PLC tag is called USERLOG and is a string

Trying to figure out how to write a macro that
looks at the system/user and if it changes write the user
variable out to the PLC tag.
Anyone have one that works
PLC tag is called USERLOG and is a string

You don't need to monitor the system/user tag directly. You can assign macros to any user at login and logout in the runtime security editor.

In fact, you could use the same macro for every user on log in. It would be something like:

{[My_Shortcut]USERLOG} := {system/user}

Cheers,
Dustin

Macro Structure

using 3.x security the macro structure is

TAG ...............EXPRESSION

system/user .......userlog = CurrentUserName( )

SO I created one like this
and added it to the LOGIN entry in the user account
in the security editor, but I am not sure it is correct

Yea that did not work. So how would I enter that expression and what tag would be used

You cant write to the system/user tag, although I'm assuming that's not what you had in mind here in any case.

I dont have any software with me to test this, but i believe all you have to do is put your "userlog" tag under TAG and "system/user" under EXPRESSION. You shouldn't need the =CurrentUserName() piece in the expression.

Hope this helps.