Ot:piping system

osmanmom

I need few tips, info or suggestion about this piping system which one more suitable,

Or any advantage or disadvantage using this type of design.

Water pressure about 6 to 10 bar, 4-6 inch pipe, material PVC/Poly type

Thanks in advance.

PIPING.JPG

Thanks for the reply,

The formula is the main.

Another question if possible to answer what process will happen on the circle at extent pipe (attachment piping-1)

And attachment piping-2 is the diameter size

What will happen on the pressure flow if only 2 pump delivery the water with different pressure Bar.?

Thanks

PIPING_1.JPG PIPING_2.JPG

Thanks for the reply,

The formula is the main.

Another question if possible to answer what process will happen on the circle at extent pipe (attachment piping-1)

And attachment piping-2 is the diameter size

What will happen on the pressure flow if only 2 pump delivery the water with different pressure Bar.?

Thanks

First of all, unless you want to pay for custom fabrication the radiused entrance can't be done as drawn. This is usually accomplished with 45 degree wye fittings into the main header and a 45 degree elbow into the laterals. Second, the blank end of the main header is usually a square, with the closure being accomplished with a cap or a blind flange depending on the diameter. Third, a trivial but often ignored concern is that the main header should be three times the cross sectional area, not three times the diameter, of the laterals.

By definition your two pumps cannot and will not operate at different pressures. They are discharging into a common point, so they will see the same discharge pressure. (We will ignore the negligible pressure drop from flow through the header.)

If you meant to ask what happens if only two pumps are running instead of three, that depends. If most of your head (pressure) is static not much will change.

If most of you head is friction the result depends on pump type. If they are centrifugal pumps each will increase in flow and you will have more than 2/3 of the original flow. If they are positive displacement pumps the flow per pump will stay the same.