| | | |
| | | +- Bit Specifier
| | |
| | +------Word Specifier
| |
| +----------Slot Specifier
|
+--------------File Specifier

So, the first address is an Input, Slot 0, Word 0, Bit 1 or the second bit in the slot (the first bit is Bit 0)

The second address is an Input Slot 0, Word 1, Bit 1... I'll let you figure out which bit in the slot that is. :D

Must be a brick!

These addresses I:0.0/1 and I:0.1/1 must be for a fixed I/O SLC500. The modular ones with I/O rack that you can rearrange at will requires that slot zero always be occupied by the processor. No I/O cards in that slot. So, intuitive isn't it? LOL

Hang in there logboss1, you will get the hang of it and plenty of help is available. :site:

The 'difference' is 16 bits... :D

It might be easier to understand if you change your 'I/O Bit Display Mode' (In pulldown View > Properties, then the Address Display tab) from Slot:Word/Bit to just Slot/Bit.

I:0.0/1 becomes I:0/1
I:0.1/1 becomes I:0/17

beerchug

-Eric