CP343-1 or CP343-1 Lean?

beethoven_ii

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a client who is asking for a quote to fit an Ethernet card in an S7 rack which has an S7-314C-2DP cpu in it so they can get online to it over their network rather than having to plug in directly on the Profibus or MPI ports. I'm pretty sure the CP343-1 Lean will do this but am hoping someone can confirm this before I commit to a cost for the cheaper unit.

Anyone?

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks for the pointer but that thread didn't quite answer my question. I have no other modules in my rack other than the cpu with it's on board I-O so space or slot number isn't an issue. The S7LAN MPI-Ethernet converters sound interesting but I'd rather not go down that route just yet. I just want to know if the Lean module supports PG/PC connectivity and I don't believe that was answered in the thread you pointed me to.

Hi,

I have done exactly that on a basic Turbine Control to allow monitoring from my desk rather than locally via MPI or DP. Add to hardware configuration and give an IP address.

Regards