ReadData Modbus Address 48001 by MVI56-MCM

harrykenkeen

Dear Members,
I need to ReadData from Slave Device Modbus Address 48001 by using MVI56E-MCM which set as Master. How can I do it?
I read the MVI56E-MCM manual, indicate that it can only read until 47999 only.

Thanks,

The User Manual certainly does describe that limit.

Have you tried entering a higher number in the address field for a Read Holding Registers command ?

Have you asked ProSoft Technical Support this question ?

Traditionally, Modbus registers 40001 to 49999 have been addressable, but the actual Modbus Serial specification suggests that a full 16 bit range (65535) of addresses could be used.

This might be an actual limitation built into the MVI56-MCM, or it might be something incorrect in the documentation.

Hi Ken, I tried to configure it with Int Address 820, Dev. Address 8000, Function 3, Count 4 and tried it with Modsim32 simulator, it was working and I can read address 48001.
Do you know what is usually the cause of "Protocol Errors" indication in the module MVI56E-MCM module. I saw it from beginning. I checked everything looks OK. I saw the error code was 2 in the Readdata[850] where i put the CmdErrPtr.

Thanks