Slc 5/04 descriptions in italian

e27978

I have a slc 500 program and all the descriptions are in Italian is there any way to translate or convert them all to English without manually doing each

There is not. Manual translation is your only option.

A guess: Coffee roasting equipment ? The ones I worked on for Starbucks were gleefully documented only in Italian.

I have worked on a wire drawing machine that is all documented in Italian. I get hungry every time i work on it reading about the lasagna and fettuccine.

...Or you could go learn some Italiano so you don't need to change anything? šŸ™ƒ

We have 4 Italian machines using SLC 5/03 controllers. They half translated some of the descriptions and comments, so you're reading between both English and Italian in the same description! They use a recipe selection called up from a PV550. In the program they are called "Yellow Contraves", "Red Contraves", "Blue Contraves", "Green Contraves", etc. Even though I know which recipes they call, their descriptions make absolutely no sense, even the use of colours. I could find no meaning for the word "Contraves" in either English or Italian?

Regards,
George

I've got about 80% of the way through translating an old dot matrix printout of an S5-100 program for process air blower package. Translation look about a week with Google translate. Had to go back a few times to make corrections, sometimes words would only translate correctly when used in the correct context.

It's do-able but it's made much easier if you have some idea what the machine is meant to be doing before you start. And of course if the original programmer used full sentences!

Google translate is your friend! (why isn't this obvious???)

Also get some German/Italian/etc. speaking friends, invaluable!

Thanks for the response but after getting more information from the customer not only is it in Italian it is a Siemens plc so not only
Do I not speek the language I don't know the software !!!!!!!!!!

By my grandmother never scolded me in Statement List. ;)

That would be terrifying.

And I feel your pain. I have come across exactly the same thing. Italian, Siemens, STL. And yes, it was a coffee roaster.

To make things even better, they didn't send a programmer over to commission the machine. So when their interface signals to our system didn't work as expected, they tried to make us reprogram the sequence of an entire batching system to meet their needs instead. We ended up using some convoluted hardwired relay logic to make it work.

But my absolute favourite story about Italian programmers is one that my father told me from the 1980's. He worked at a paper factory who had ordered some hi-tech (for the 80's) scanning equipment from an Italian crowd. When they came over to commission it, they sent three guys.

A mechanical guy.

A programmer.

And a third guy, who's sole job was to keep the other two apart :ROFLMAO: