AB compactlogix L32E is dead??

xtmoli

Hello guys

I have a CompactLogix L32E, but after lending it to a colleague, now I can not communicate, the ethernet port is dead, not communicating.

The RS232 port also does not communicate, when I attempt to test the communication with rs linx, in "configure RS232 DF1 devices" in auto-configuration, fault and also can not establish communication.
have also tried to flash, but does not work.

What I found strange , was that whem power up on, the battery led was on, the LED "ok" was on, and also the DCH0 led.

Also already tested the battery and it is ok.

What else can I do ??

thank you,

greetings

I see something similar to this if the 220/110 VAC switch on the power supply is left in the "220 VAC" (default) position when we are applying "110 VAC". Changing the switch and re-applying power fixes it.

I cant ping for a ip, someone tell me that too "serial port to ASCII"

i will try to do it .......your link....

thanks for good the imput!

xtmoli said:
The RS232 port also does not communicate, when I attempt to test the communication with rs linx, in "configure RS232 DF1 devices" in auto-configuration, fault and also can not establish communication...

...whem power up on, the battery led was on, the LED "ok" was on, and also the DCH0 led...

What fault are you getting in RSLinx?
The Auto-configuration does not work?
How are you connecting between your computer and the controller?

You should be able to manually configure the DF1 driver in RSLinx once the controller's CH0 RS-232 port is at its default settings...

If the DCH0 LED is on steady, then the Channel 0 RS-232 port is at its default settings. If it's not, you can reset CH0 defaults by holding down the Default Communications push button in the bottom right corner on the front of the controller for 5 seconds.

Regards,
George

1769-L32E CH0 Defaults.jpg

Is the end cap on the 'rack'? I've had an L32E do what you're describing when the end cap was removed.

If it's not, you can reset CH0 defaults by holding down the Default Communications push button in the bottom right corner on the front of the controller for 5 seconds.

Good point George... I forgot about that one (and I have one sitting next to me for the past week)

Jeev, you should still be able to communicate to the CPU, you would just get an error, its happen to me also (small project details)

Jeev, you should still be able to communicate to the CPU, you would just get an error, its happen to me also (small project details)

In that particular case it would not let me communicate through Ethernet or Serial. The OK light would come on, and everything looked to be working, however there were no comms.

In that particular case it would not let me communicate through Ethernet or Serial. The OK light would come on, and everything looked to be working, however there were no comms.

Strange, you got to love COMM's... you would think that a end cap should have nothing to do with it, I had one yesterday (a L35e) that I could not get anything then just recycled the power and everything worked great

responding to your questions,

--- the colleague that used by last ,is not working in the company already.

---- RSLinx can not connect, not detect anything. (in df1)
i dont no a ip to tri by ethernet, and ethernet port is dead, also try a snnifer to confirm.

---- Autoconfiguration dont works and gives error by link failure

------ End cap is in the place

----- I do not know if someone stopped the flash in the middle .....is possible

......... shunt to pins of the battery did not work, reset at the ch0 Also didn't work too ..

If your OK LED is on steady then this indicates there is a healthy firmware booted up and running in the controller, so I don't think you have a firmware issue, but not 100% sure on that. I don't like the sound of the Ethernet port being "dead". If it was flashed, the IP address may be at 0.0.0.0. and that is why you cannot reach it or sniff it out. If it is defaulted, then it would/should lease an IP address from a valid BOOTP or DHCP Server on the network.

I would stay trying the RS232 DF1 driver. Can you give more details on...

"RSLinx can not connect, not detect anything. (in df1)...

Autoconfiguration dont works and gives error by link failure

What settings have you configured for the DF1 driver in RSLinx?

This is the basic procedure for establishing comms via the RS232 DF1 driver...

26638 - Getting Started: Configure the CompactLogix Ethernet port via the CH0 port using the DF1 protocol in RSLinx
Access Level: TechConnect

Also, give details of what version of RSLinx you are using and under which Operating System (XP, Win 7, VM, etc.).

Regards,
George

I wonder what on earth your friend did to it...have you got no way of contacting them?

Maybe that's why they left the company in such a hurry ;)

Last edited:
---- RSLinx can not connect, not detect anything. (in df1).

If you're running USB>232 the adapter might be your problem. A search of the forum will tell you which adapter chipset is required for Autodectect to act right.

Also have you tried manually setting up the default parameters in Linx? That works with my "incompatible" USB>232 adapter.