Citect Tag Count

obi1987

I am new with Citect.First I have to find how much Tags Actually currently I used.Second I purchase Standalone Scada with 100 Points and now I see my points will be around 130.How I can accommodate the the additional tags?Is there any way around? if used a INT and used its bits in SCADA it will calculate it one tag or Calculate it bit by bit?

This article explains it better:

http://www.schneider-electric.co.in/sites/india/en/support/faq/main_faq.page?page=content&country=IN&lang=en&id=FA22668&redirect=true

As an example, I have a 5000 tag license, but looking at my Dynamic Tag count in the Kernel it rarely gets above 2000. If you had multiple workstations and could call up every one of your 100 tags you might hit the limit, or if you had all 100 on one page. This assumes you are using Citect v7.0 or above....
Hope this helps. - Allen (I'm running v7.30)

Last edited:
Is there any way around? if used a INT and used its bits in SCADA it will calculate it one tag or Calculate it bit by bit?

Lucky you, this is the way around. ;)
Citect calculates only "hard" tags which are used, and that is one reason I like Citect.

Thanks Everyone.
First I will try with cicode.Geoffc and BobB you any example for that?
BobB disk PLC tags will not consider as Points?

I do not believe so - have not used it for years. I think if you bring in an unsigned integer and write to the disk PLC you can then extract bits but I have not used the disk PLC since about 1998 so would have to go right back through it now and no time. Worth a look.

The disk plc is no longer the preferred method. Citect latest advice is to use a memory based io device. Just create a new io device and tick the memory checkbox.
The only tags that are counted are when physical io is accessed. So memory devices do not count