Move ASCII into string SLC500

Have not done this in a while, but I believe you have to do it a character at a time. Look up the spec for strings and make sure you set the length or delimiter correctly.

There is an easy way, if you can enter the strings before the program is running - type them in manually, as shown in the attached picture.

Entering Strings the Easy Way.jpg

1st tried to dis play ST9:2 in a PV550.
the 550 validates but using an embedded variable in a text object the data does not display.

But I can display ASCII A10:10

Was trying create text entry with ST9 file but no go.
I figured the ST9 would easier to manage. I'm going to try and save text names for recipes.

C:\Junk\Screenshot - 10_15_2014 , 3_23_12 PM.png

Screenshot - 10_15_2014 , 3_28_05 PM.jpg

Are your ST9 strings all text and not number values? If so, that is more difficult to convert. I think a program could be written to convert all-text Strings to ASCII A-type file characters (2 charcters per word), but I have not seen a program on this site that does that.

Last edited: