need hlep with programing (RsLogix 5000)

alx305

hello every one

it has been a long time , I have not used the plc .

could you please help me to do the program for my lab
I don't know how to start and forget how to use couple of things like TON , CUT .

here is the info :

A system is described as following:
In a process control system, a pressure transducer is used to measure the liquid flow pressure that has to be maintained in a certain limits by means of controlling the flow rate. The goal of this lab is to interface the pressure transducer to analog input card and find measurement errors. Also, learn how to change the ladder logic rungs while the controller is still online. In this lab, we are not working on any control part.

Pressure transducer specs are:
- Input pressure range is : 0 to 2175 Psi
- Output voltage range is: 0 to 3V DC

Part # 1:

• Connect a push button (as a start switch),toggle switch (as a stop switch), a green LED (to indicate there are no alarms) and RED led (to indicate any alarm, if any exist) to PLC cards. Use 10V DC power supply for all these components. Make sure to use proper series resistors with LEDs.
• Put the transducer in the hydraulic system loop and vary the flow rate, so that pressure can be varied. To do this, put the transducer in the pressure line along with pressure gauge, and then connect the flow valve output to the drain terminal.
• Get the color codes of pressure transducer’s cables/wires and make a note of functionality of each wire.
• Connect the power supply (use 10V DC, you can use either the same supply that you used for digital components, or the different power supply) to the pressure transducer and connect the pressure transducer to channel # 0 of the analog input card. To do this, first find out whether the given transducer is single ended or differential, then based on this use proper wiring method.
• Configure the channel # 0 as following:
o Select the proper input communication format and input range. (Make sure to select the range that gives high resolution.
o Set the digital filter to 0 ms.
o Set the module filter to 10Hz.
o Decide what value of RTS you would use and explain why?
o Scaling method: use sensor specs values in electrical and engineering units.
o Set the process alarms as following:
• Low: 150Psi
• High: 650 Psi
• Use 5% tolerance for Low-Low and High-High
• Rate alarm to be: 10psi/sec
• All the alarms need to be latched.How do you unlatch them?

• Change the pressure values from 200 Psi to 600 Psi in steps of 50 Psi and write ladder logic program to measure the pressure values as following:
o Take 3 pressure readings with time delay of 1second, then calculate the average of those readings to get one pressure reading. For example, if you set the flow rate such a way that the gauge reads out 200 psi. At this 200 Psi value, your program should take 3 readings (with 1 second time delay) and calculate the average of those readings to get one pressure reading value.
o Make a table to list out the actual Psi (gauge reading) and measured Psi (from the ladder logic) values.
Calculate the full scale error for each reading in the table.

• Learn how to do online editing:
The goal is to change your program and commit the changes while the controller is still online. This is how in things are done in industry, otherwise the entire line goes offline for certain amount of time.

o In your program, change the number of readings to be used in the average calculations. In the above step, you set it to 3, so change it something else.
o Also, change the time delay between each reading before calculating the average. In the above step, you set it to 1second, so change it something else.
Part # 2:
Repeat the part # 1 with following changes:
- Don’t go offline to do this step. Just move the pressure transducer from channel # 0 to channel # 1.
- Use the scaling method 2 that we have discussed in the class. Change your program accordingly without going offline. Save the program with a different name for submission purpose.

Part # 3:
Repeat the part # 1 with following changes:
- Don’t go offline to do this step. Just move the pressure transducer from channel # 1 to channel # 3.
- Use the scaling method 3 that we have discussed in the class. Change your program accordingly without going offline. Save the program with a different name for submission purpose.

I think you're unlikely to get anyone here to do your assignment for you. If you get started and come across a specific problem you can't work out, we can probably help

Start out by making all the tags for each item you listed, and then begin building the program from the start button. It appears that you have the information you need to get started, so just get the first rung done and move on to the next. It can get a little over whelming if you try to envision the completed program all at once, so just work it down a few rungs at a time.

Will.