How to display Acceleration on Red Lion HMI

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anybody created images that dynamically change based on inputs.
I know how to do bar graphs, but I want to show the steepness of the angle increasing as the acceleration value goes up.
attachment.php

I thought of creating a bunch of images and assigning the visibility based on the acceleration value.
Thanks
HMI: G304K2 Crimson 3.0

If you just want a line, Scatter Graph it. You could pretty much graph any dynamic line with it I think. Just assign array tags to the x and y values you want to plot and change the values of those tags as needed. You could even show an s-curve this way I think.

Look in the Resources Pane under 'Bar and Line Graphs". I used it to graph scale samples over time recorded very quickly by a PLC and it worked great.

Last edited:
If I understand what you want, you should be able to do this by selecting the object, and on the menu bar click Behavior->Add Polar movement.

A scatter graph is more useful for fast changing values.

Last edited:
If I understand what you want, you should be able to do this by selecting the object, and on the menu bar click Behavior->Add Polar movement...
Thanks TConnolly, I believe this will work.

I'll just have to figure out how to convert the Acceleration rate to an angle.

I did like you said and put the scaling in the object properties.
attachment.php

Works good, I hope that it conveys the message.
attachment.php