Kinetix6000 Contactor Enable (CED)

drummin89

What would be the reasons why the IAM module would open the contact for the Contactor Enable Relay (CED) on a Kinetix6000 drive.

This is happening on a piece of equipment. There are no other alarms or faults on any of the 4 kinetix 6000 drives including the IAM module. Most of the time we just reset the fault on the PLC (Contactor Enable is wired to an input on the PLC) and restart the machine. So its almost like the contact is just dropping out momentarily.

I still wonder what conditions have to be met for the relay contact to be opened. None of the manuals I have go into much detail about it other than it must be wired to a safety circuit.

Thanks,

anyone?

Manual says its required that this signal is hooked up in some way to either the safety circuit or to the PLC. Is there an alternative that can be used in place of this contactor incase its malfunctioning. I'd hate to have to replace the IAM module/drive just because the relay contacts are failing.

I put a timer in with the alarm code on the PLC. The logic is simple, if the input from the CED relay contact is not on the alarm is latched. I put the timer for 500ms and have yet to see the fault occur.

Last edited: