Sink sensor

SS ELEC

Hello
I have a 24v 3 wire sink prox switch. I have an AB SLC 1746-IB16 Sink input card. I can't get it to read the switch. It looks to me like the wiring is different. Does anyone know if sink switches are compatable to sink input cards? Or do I actually need a sourcing or 2 wire switch?
Thanks

Before others chime in about nomenclature of different manufacturers over labeling of current sourcing/current sinking,
I will say that with that input card, you will need a sensor that is a current source (some manufacturers will also label them PNP).

What sensor are you trying to use? We might be able to nail thing down a bit better for you. (y)

Sensor Type

The sensor is an AB 872C-D2NN8-E2. I read on this forum that it is possible to change a sinking sensor in to a sourcing, but I don't understand how. Can you give me infor on that?

You've presumably already worked this out if you made it work with your resistor, but for the benefit of others reading this, using a pull down resistor also changes the polarity of the input - a NO sensor becomes a NC sensor or vice versa