wonderware app crash

James Mcquade

Hi all,

last night I got a call from the plant stating that one of our wonderware 7.0 apps crashed while running. we had a backup pc running the same app. I renamed the corrupt app and copied the working one and restarted the viewer and all is well.

my questions are
#1 what causes the applications to crash while running?

#2 the main IT guy if off today and I was wondering how you get the runtime viewer to point to the application you want to run.

thanks in advance,
james

my questions are

#2 the main IT guy if off today and I was wondering how you get the runtime viewer to point to the application you want to run.

#1 I haven't had any apps crash so I can't help there.

#2 I'm assuming we are talking about Intouch. If so, that is done through the Intouch Application Manager. IIRC the Viewer opens the last application that was ran through the application manager.

Hi all,
last night I got a call from the plant stating that one of our wonderware 7.0 apps crashed while running.
V7.0
Current version is V11.x, you are well out of support & version.

Could you not restart the corrupt app? What errors are shown in the SMC logger? App's just don't crash without reason, & normally there will be entries point to something.

#1 I haven't had any apps crash so I can't help there.

#2 I'm assuming we are talking about Intouch. If so, that is done through the Intouch Application Manager. IIRC the Viewer opens the last application that was ran through the application manager.
That is correct. You will have to use the App Manager to find the new one, then start Window Viewer

You can also create and start windowviewer with a desktop shortcut;

Target "C:\Program Files\Wonderware\InTouch\view.exe"
Start in: C:\Your_WWapplication_Folder

-or start the windowviewer app from a batch file command line;

"C:\Program Files\Wonderware\InTouch\view.exe" C:\Your_WWapp_Folder

-or from your desktop link command line in a batch file;

"c:\Documents and Settings\operator\desktop\your_WWapp_link_name.lnk"

thanks,

we are upgrading now. approx 50 licenses.
i'm still learning wonderware, I don't get the chance to use it much. I need to create a project from start to finish and test it.

as I said, the main IT guy is off today and I did not want to call him.
I've had to bring him in on his last 2 vacations because of his 10+ years here. they laugh at me for writing indepth notes, only way I can keep up with the stuff.

regards,
james

HMI programs will sometimes crash for the same reasons that any other programs will crash. A corrupted file or memory segment are possibilities. Sometimes, another program will create a conflict and cause a crash. Do you know what the operators run on the computer besides the HMI program?