PLC5 80E Ethernet problem

corkers

Hi all,

I have a PLC5/80E that is playing up. It is already configured with an IP address and gateway address, however it won't let me add a subnet mask. In rslogix I add the subnet mask and hit apply, yes to switch to program mode, yes to switch back to run mode, Ok the dialogue box. I then return to the channel properties box and the subnet mask has defaulted to 0.0.0.0.

Any and all suggestions are welcomed

Andrew.

I found in the release notes for RSLogix 5 version 3.21 that it fixed a bug in version 3.01 that:

"preventing you from setting the Ethernet subnet mask address for an Ethernet PLC5"

That might be the problem if you have RSLogix 5 version 3.01 (released in spring 2000). The current revision is 6.20.

Hi Ken,

I am using RSLogix 5.2 not the latest but getting money for software upgrades is nigh impossible, generally only done when we tack on a "PLC programming terminal" (READ laptop that IT doesn't know about)to a project...

I am going to try manually adding elements to the config file, failing that changing the config file number.

Ill let you know how I go. If you (or anyone else) has another suggestion please let me know.

Andrew

I finally worked this out... you cant change ethernet parameters while logged in via ethernet. A quick change to DH+ comms and all is well.

A trap for young players I guess you could say...

Andrew