Communication from PLC 5 to Controllogix

Bayasa_elect

Hi,

I am trying to make connection between PLC 5 processor to DH+ module in contollogix chasiss directly.

Is that possible?

Thanks,

Yes. But, if you wanted to go from the CLX to the PLC-5 it is much easier.

Rockwell has a Tech Note in their KnowledgeBase that walks you through the setup to go from the 5 to the 5000. It does require a TechConnect contract to access:

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8086

As far as your PLC-5 knows, it will just be talking to another PLC-5. There are a couple things that must be done on the Logix 5000 side to make that possible.

The PLC-5 doesn't know about tag names in the 5000 system. So in the 5000 you need to create an array that will appear similar to a data file in a PLC-5. In the 5000 software take a look at PLC/SLC Mapping to accomplish this. You can have an array named "Remote_PLC5_Data" appear just like say the N20 (or any other) data file.

Your PLC-5 will send the message to the 1756-DHRIO module and the module will then route the message to the correct slot number for your controller. You need to configure the 1756-DHRIO module to route messages to your ControlLogix controller. This is done in RSLinx by accessing the module properties and then the Channel Configuration and assigning the correct controller slot number.

OG

Last edited: