Winder Program

jimlee20

Lifetime Supporting Member
I looked through a lot of posts to see if I can find what I am looking for and was unable to find it.

I have a CompactLogix L18ERM, two Kinetix 350 drives and 2 Allen Bradley servos. I am just looking for some sample code to get me started on the winder and traverse servos geared together so that I can wind small wire onto a shaft. My dimensions: Wire is .04", shaft is 1/16", width can be .5", 1" or 1.5", with 13 layers. They also want this to go as high as 2,000rpm. Not sure if I will be able to run that high or not. My biggest concern is running the traverse back and forth that fast and still maintain a smooth winding. I have no problem writing code or tuning the drives, etc. I am pressed for time and if someone has done something like this before it would be a big. help.

I noticed a post from Jeff who stated he did a winder and to search for his name and winder code you can find it. I didn't find the code.

I am not worried about the wire tension in the code. A separate third party machine is doing that, I just have to send it the parameters.

Thanks,
Jim

Lancie1,

Thanks. I looked int he downloads section and did not immediately see anything that would help.

Last edited: