Wonderware Hmi alternatives

scott.maddox

I am looking for an alternative to Wonderware for various reasons. I have looked at RSView but I really find the lack of a scripting engine too limiting. I also dont care for the the lack of local tags. I am hoping some of you out there have some suggestions that i could try out. We primarily use allen bradley plcs so it would have to support them. I would require the HMI to run on standard windows pc, nothing hardware dependent . I look forward to hearing what you guys have.

I believe indusoft is now part of the WonderWare offering.
Ignition would be a popular choice here, has native drivers built in for AB & is Java based.

What issues do you have with WW?

My main issues with wonderware are cost and the general direction they are headed with their software. I am not a big fan of the system platform changes and i fear they will continue down this path. Its a huge sluggish monster of a program now. Being bought out by Schneider doesnt help either. When Schneider owns other companys that you bid against that becomes a huge obstacle if they end up getting drastically reduced prices. With that said it makes indusoft not a viable option either.
I will check out ignition and peak. Thanks for the feedback

definitely check out ignition. it is an amazing package and support is very good. its the anti-wonderware.

AdvancedHMI

I would check out AdvancedHMI that Archie Jacobs has created. It has no cost, Allen Bradley drivers, and is very solid. I have used it in several projects with good results.