PLC outputs

ghostog

Hey guys,

Maybe this is a basic question, but I´ll do it anyways. Can I conect more than one actuator in just one output of a PLC?

Thanks in advance for all your responses. 🍻

Yes you can provided the load of both actuators doesn't exceed the rating for the output card. If it does you could still use a single output but use this to energise a relay which will provide the power to the actuators.

Well, obviously you have to check that you won't overload the output, but otherwise, yes, you could do this. You may also want to use an interposing relay to be safe. If your devices are DC you will likely want to use diodes to prevent flyback voltage to protect the output or relay contacts.

Hey guys,

Maybe this is a basic question, but I´ll do it anyways. Can I conect more than one actuator in just one output of a PLC?

Thanks in advance for all your responses. 🍻

If you have more than one actuator, or more, and there is no programmed difference in their control;

It's a GOOD IDEA to protect and power multiple PARALLEL CONTROLLED devices through relay contacts, and
use a single PLC output to energize the relay. This way, "controlled" PLC outputs are not "wasted" on
parallel loads.