powerFlex70 will not run motor

jazzdaddy

hi

we have a controlNet network with a PLC 5555 and several PowerFlex70 that are networked via COM C network adapters. Recently one of the drives will not run the motor. We have replaced the drive and the com modules as well as the coax cable that connects the drive. When we cycled power we got the drive to run once.

When i go on the RSLogix 5000 and look at the IO for the tag to that drive it shows that it is attempting to run the drive using I:spdRefID0, the input bit is on for this but, the O:spdRefID0 output bit is not on coming back from the drive.

not sure where to go from here.

Welcome to the Forum !

Has anyone recently edited the program ?

First, check the I/O tree to be sure the network connection is OK. Look in the I/O tree for a yellow triangle, and look in the Module Properties window to see if the drive is logically connected over the network.

Typically you're going to be setting the Output tags in order to run the drive, and monitoring the Input tags.

Is this a drive that is switched between different speed references using a local selector switch ?

Your mention of the the tags "I:spdRefID0" and "O:spdRefID0" are backwards from their usual sense. Those "Speed Reference Select" bits are used to choose which speed reference source (analog, preset, network, etc) is used by the drive.

Last edited:
we periodically edit our programs but nothing related to this drive/motor has been edited recently.

there is not a yellow triangle, it looks normal.

speeds are chosen by the program using O:spdRefID0 and O:spdRefID1 if i recall correctly. not sure exactly how this works but we have a speed that is "fast" for when the destination is far away and a speed that is "slow" when we are nearly at the destination.

i thought i might have had those reversed.

thanks for the assistance and the welcome