VB6 and rslogix5000

joaco1993

Lifetime Supporting Member
im doing some coding in vb6 and i have an error in this line :

Dim myOPCServer As New RSiOPCAuto_OPCServer

it gives me this error when compling : comiple error : user-defined type not defined...

does any one knows what could be the problem ?

thanks !

Do you have RSLinx Classic installed? Is it the licensed version? Did you reference it in the VB project?

hi ! , yes i have rslinx classic , it is licensed, and what do u mean in the last question , if i have it referenced ?

I don't have VB6 loaded on this computer, but in VBA, the references are under the tools menu. This tells VB to incorporate some external code into the project. I'm sure someone else can give a better explanation than me.

Hi ! thanks for answering but when i try to reference it says : MISSING rockwell software OPC automation...

what could be the problem ??

i think the proble is i dont have the rsiopcauto.dll file...

can someone give it to me ? i have the rslinx clasic , so i dont know why i dont have it..