RSView Keyboard display

jerry_smith

Hey guys,
I have an RSView project loaded in a touch panel display. It has an operator login screen which comes up first. I need a software keyboard which will get displayed along with that screen. When i selected the "display keyboard" option in the display properties, it just gives a Num Pad with the entry field. How can i display a alphabetical keyboard with the window. can u help me on this?
Thanks
js

The RSView resource kit contains the easykeys application that gives a keyboard you can use. It is a separate installation from RSView so you may not have it installed.

How can i make it work? I have a button "Operator Login" which when pressed displays the RSView32 Login screen with input screens for username and password. So i went there and gave a Appstart "C:\Prog files\...\Easykeys.exe" in the Release Control box. But when i try to run the project and press the "Operator Login" button, it just displays only RSView32 Login screen.It doesnt show the Easykeys application.Should i do anything special to make it work?

This doesnt work too.
AppStart "C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\RsvLogin.exe /C"under Release action.
I dont see any windows popping up when i hit "Operator Login"button in the Run mode.Iam using an inprocess OPC and right now iam not connected to the PLC. Iam just testing the HMI. But when i use "Login" under Release action it Pops up.Can u see any problem here?
Thanks for ur help,
js

Last edited:
There is a separate login executable included with the resource kit. This one includes a keypad on the popup window. I guess the login command doesn't have the ability to use the keypad so this one was created.

Is this not the Login executable with RSView32?
C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView\RsvLogin.exe
When i do an AppStart on this it simply doesnt pop up. nothing happens. It would be great if i can use this. This satisfies all my requireents. Should i use anything other than Appstart to invoke this?

Thank u
js

Looks like RsvLogin doesnt work for my version of RSView32 6.50. I will have to look for some other way. Thanks for ur help.
js

I don't know. After you posted that you were having problems with it working in 6.5 I went to the knowledgebase to see if there was any issues. I couldn't find any. I'm running 6.4 and it works fine.

The only other thing I could think of is if you were using an older version of the resource kit. I think I'm using 3.28.

I'd call tech support if you're still having problems.

grs

Are you running this application with a windows operating system, I am running the rsview on a Allen Bradley Versaview touch screen computer with win2k and use the windows program, START/PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/ACCESABILITY/ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD and it works fine.