Ab Slc 150

CDF1909

I need to modify the ladder logic in an old Allen Bradley SLC 150.
I have the DOS based Rockwell software "SLC personal computer interface software" Ver. 3.0.
I can add or delete elements to the rungs, but I need to add a branch to a rung.
Does anyone have a list of the DOS key strokes for this software.
I have tried AB.COM, and rockwell support, but thay were not much help.

Thanks to glenncovington for your reply,
but I still have a problem.

In the Main Menu. I hit F1 to transfer program to the workspace.
Then esc back to the main menu.
Hit F2 "program development/edit".
This displayes the ladder.
But my F keys are; F1= xio, F2= xic, F5= ote & outputs, F6= clipboard,
F7= search/goto, F8= program info( filename & words used),
F9= edit attrib (descriptions & names) and F10= Displays the data table.
HELP!!!
What am I doing wrong?

Sorry, I was in a rush earlier. The software I use for the SLC is SLC Logistics by ICOM. You are using a different software it looks like, so I won't be any help.

:(

This is the first time I have done this so I could be wrong. But I played with it and came up with this:

1. Go to the end of the Ladder and create the rung.
2. Cut the ladder to the Clipboard
3. Scroll to the point for the Copied rung to be inserted
4. Paste....for me it moved the existing rung down and inserted the copied rung in its place.

Hope this helps,
Chad

Sorry just reread your original post...don't know where I came up with insert rung. But the F3 key will insert a branch down then the F4 key will reconnect it to the rung

Last edited:
slc150

Just to add to and/or repeat some of what cpmiller said.

Go to end of ladder rung.
Press F3, a new rung will be created.
Press F2 or F1 to put in existing xio or xic.
Press F3 to drop down to branch.
Press F2 or F1 to put in new xio or xic.
Press F4 to close branch.
Press F5 to put in output instruction.

To remove old existing rung, put cursor on rung to be deleted.
Press Delete on keyboard, then F1.

In the PCIS software, go to the instruction you want to add the branch in front of - press INSERT, this toggles the Function Key display. here press F3 (add rung), then it will ask you where you want to end the branch - cursor over & press ENTER.

Remember the main limitation of the SLC100/150's was only one output per rung - you cannot branch to a second output, or a conditional output. See pic.

P.S. - Picture was generated in RSLogix for edit speed & better graphics representation - not just to confuse people.

pic 2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to eveyone for the help. I've made the changes I needed to, but I may need to upgrade the system for some or the other changes they want to make. :rolleyes:

CDF1909 said:
I've made the changes I needed to, but I may need to upgrade the system for some or the other changes they want to make. :rolleyes:
Like you need 33 timers when the old SLC100/SLC150 only had 32 max!

How did we ever survive with that back then?