Siemens CP5611 not recognized in Windows NT WS 4.0 SP6

jlnoriega

Hi,

I am trying to replace a PC with a new one but when running the application, siemens CP5611 does not start. At PG conf I have the error code 0x0300 which means that the card is not recognized. I installed it on Windows XP SP3 PC and it do recognize it.

The new PC has Step 7 basis 5.0 SP3 with licence installed.

I already tried changing the BIOS configuration to PnP ON and OFF and nothing happens. Windows NT just dont see it. If I go to Windows NT Diagnostics, under Resources, the card is not there. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Did you install the card while step7 is already installed? In a similar situation, Siemens support suggested that I uninstall step7, install the CP and then install step7. That worked for me.

Thank you all for your reply. The new card is a CP5611-A2. I am moving the application to a new PC, and owner does not want to upgrade yet since the old PC is still working fine. He just want to have a spare PC for future failures. I will double check the current card, perhaps it is a version A1 and that is the problem.

grnick50: Yes, I installed the card after having step 7 working in the PC as requested in the CP manual. I will do your suggestion and see what happens... I will let you know.

Thanks again