I need RSTrendX .ocx File

Grendizer

Hello All,

I need RSTrendX .ocx File. I've been searching the Net for over an hour and no luck. Can you please help me if you know where to get the file?

Thank you in advance,

G

I am in a desperate need for the ocx file. I can not find the file anywhere on the Internet. The only way left is to someone attach the file from his personal RSView32 software. Can anyone please help me get the file?

If you have RSView32 installed on your machine and search your Program Files folder for *.ocx, you should get a file named something like Trend.ocx or RSTrendX.ocx or something similar to that.

Thank you for your help!!!

Thanks for the replay.

It is a small file. I was missing a Keypad ActiveX control also and found it on the net. It is 136KB file. So the trend ocx file is suppose to be a tiny file also. You don't purchase these thing, I assume. It is just missing in the Program File directory. It was there before because the application is using that ActiveX in over 30 screens but it just got missing somehow. So getting for "free" shouldn't be a concern.

You say you have it on other screens that you have access to
so just select that item on one of them then copy and paste
to a new screen in RSView and talior it to your needs

Maybe its sitting in the recycle bin ??

Hey @Gil47

I got this RSView32 application from our customer. When I open a screen that uses RSTrendX ActiveX object, it's giving an error stating that the activeX control is not available. I asked the customer about the problem and he said he knows about it. So basically, the ocx file got either corrupted or is missing on "his machine" and I don't have that ocx file "on mine". It is a very easy fix if someone can just give me or send me a link to that file.

It should be a tiny file.

just to move the conversation along – I have a copy (an old demo version) of RSView32 on a lab computer ... I searched for all of the OCX files in my Program Files directory (and subfolders too) – and nothing close to what you're asking for shows up ... and my Trends work ...

just as a friendly suggestion: perhaps you need to do some additional troubleshooting ... maybe you don't really need the file that you're asking for ...

can you post a screen shot of what the Error Message says? ... maybe with some more details we might be able to help solve your problem ...

good luck with your project ...

Hey Ron,

The error msg says:

Unable to load ActiveX control for display screenName
cause: RSTrendX: Newer file version of ActiveX control required.

The reason why I concluded I need the ocx file is because I had similar issue with numeric keypad ActiveX object. I searched the net and got "Keypad.ocx" (136Kb size). But you're right, I can be completely wrong! Please suggest to me some tips to troubleshoot this issue. I spent 2 days trying to find a solution but no success. Rockwell support are no good. The customer had contacted them a while ago about this issue and did not get resolved. :S

Btw, I have the install DVD. If the solution could be obtained from it, please let me know.

Thank you so much for help,

Problem Solved!! Finally!!

For people in the future who might face this problem, if you get this error:
Unable to load ActiveX control for display screenName
cause: RSTrendX: Newer file version of ActiveX control required.

You need to install TrendX software. Depending on the version, it should be between 15mb to 60mb in size.

I got this software from Rockwell Knowledgebase. Search for:
"143933 - RSView32 TrendX Downloads" in their search engine.

That's it.

Thanks for the people who been helpful,