ab slc5/03 no inputs or outputs

plc_spectar

I am rebuilding a machine that has an allen bradley slc 5/03 processor in it. I programmed it and everything seemed ok, it is in run mode with no faults but I am not getting any input or output LEDs on the cards. Forcing an output caused no LED to light. I am wondering if this is a power supply problem or a problem with the A10 rack I am using. Or something I have overlooked in the setup. (I let RSlogix automatically detect the cards and it all looked correct.)
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Don't take this wrong but is the processor in run or rem run. It will not fire any outputs unless it is one of the two. If you are not getting any input LED's then I'd say either they are wired wrong or you have a problem with the back plane.

Power on?

The output modules will not have a light if the processor is not in the run mode, however if you are not seeing any input module lights on, that is a different matter. They input modules will indicate if there is a voltage on the input even if the processor is in program mode. You might check your I/O power and see if you actually have it.

no I/O

I may be talking way over my own head, but check this area.

Open your project in RSLogix.
On left side open Processor Status.
Click tab labeled IO.
See if 1's are entered in the slots you are using.

I haven't had this problem myself and no way to test this,
but, it would make sense to me that the slots and slot interupts
would need to be enabled. Maybe someone else can try this to see if
it corrects the problem.

Good luck
Sid

If you startout with key in program, you have to go to run mode first for anything to work. Then you you can put the key into rem run.
Hope this HELPS???
Good Luck
Guest bonkhead :confused:

I tend to agree with Randy. The input cards must have a neutral if they are 120 VAC cards OR 24 VDC positive or negative, depending on whether they are source or sink cards.

Don't forget to check the status area of the processor to see if the I/O slots are enabled.

Good Luck,

(8{)} ( .)