import/export CSV file from Intouch

thahamp

Can anybody help me, How can I import/export CSV file in Wonderware Intouch. I have to set some default setpoint using excel.Control Logix PLC I am using.

importing tags in WW is done at the start when you click on windowmaker(not windowviewer). there is a DBdump button that creates a csv file of all tags.

I think the OP means during runtime.

This can be done using recipes. Do a Google search for Intouch Recipe Manager and that should put you on the right track.

If you only need to load a handful of values then you can use the file read function in Intouch and just parse it yourself. I forget the function name but check the Intouch help files. I have a site doing this to read River levels from a CSV file that comes from an external FTP server. Works fine for only a couple values where you don't need a lot of error checking.

You can use "Filewritemessage" command in scripts to build CSV file.
Then use Excel Spreadsheet ActiveX to read them in Intouch window.

The Recipe commands allow to load/read recipes to logic locations (Discrete, Analog, and/or Messages).

Last edited: