relays/contactors for single phase loads

rpoet

Hi All,
I'm on the hunt for some relays/contactors that are rated at 20A make/break at up to 240vac. This is for a home automation project I've walked into. While I realize that most of the loads will be far below the 20A the circuits are wired for, the inspector is insisting that the relays or contactors be rated for the full circuit ampacity. I can't find any fault with that logic, and I agree with him. The homeowner doesn't want to change the breakers to 15A either if at all possible - I already asked.

I've come across plenty of ice cube style relays that are rated up to 15A make, but only 3A break. I suppose I could use small contactors, but the ones I've found are all three-pole devices, and it seems like a waste of panel space.

Anyone know of 1-pole or 2-pole contactors that can be DIN rail mounted? Preferably 24vdc coils, but I can make 120vac work if needs be.

Barring anything else, I will just go with three-pole contactors and use only one or two poles, depending on the voltage of the load (120v or 240v). Panel might get a bit cramped, but such it is sometimes.

Thanks!

rpoet