Microligix 1400 changed to 1100 Problemwith Analog card

leighigh

I have a program that was writen for a Miceologix 1400 as the prosessor. I changed the procsser to a Micrologix 1100 A. Every thing works with the exception of the analog output card. I have checked every perametor and they are all set the same. When I change back to the origenal program the card starts to work. Any ideas on the problem or how to fix it.

Hi,

How many expansion cards are you connecting to the ML1100? The 1400 supports seven, but the 1100 only supports four.

If you can give more information, it may help narrow down the problem.

Regards,

Rob

Which exact model of analog module are you using ?

Can you describe exactly how the module does not work; i.e. is there a fault on the controller, or is there no output voltage on the analog module ?

Sorry I took so long getting back but was drawn away to get the rest of the project done
And I found a temporary fix. The card is working but the scaling was off by 4.2X. I found that I had to multiply the output by 4.2 to get the same voltage output at the card (The card is a micrologix 1200 analog output card module). I am guessing that the 1400 is writing the word differently than the 1100.

The attached screen shot shows the output. The only difference is in the 1400 program the file N:7.51 is moved to O:0.1 directly with a move instruction, instead of going through the steps in rungs 12,13,,14 and 15.

Windows XP Professional-2014-11-05-10-49-00.jpg

Mickey after finding some time and taking a closer look at the new and old programs I found a difference in a SCP instruction.
But I wanted to thank for you time and effort.
And I learned something new.

Thanks for coming back with your solution.

Thats why I wanted the whole program(s) to look for things like that.

The real solution was that a 1400 has a built in analog output and the 1100 needs a card, thats why the scaling diff. I did not see this at first. It was brain **** problem.