AB SCP instruction

I am assuming that you have already downloaded and imported the AOI into Logix5000 since you linked the download location in this thread http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=91195
and that what you are actually asking about is how to put an SCP instruction on a rung.

There are a few different ways.

You are probably most familiar with the instruction pallet so I'll cover that first.
Pick the Add-On tab on the instruction pallet and find SCP and drag it to a rung.
attachment.php

You can also go to the project tree on the left hand side, under the add on instruction folder, click on the SCP you imported, and drag it to a rung.
attachment.php

My favorite way is to use the mnemonic editor. Double click on a rung number. A line editor will open at the top of your ladder window. Type SCP and hit enter.

(In this line editor you can mnemonically program a rung, which is a faster way to program than the drag and drop method but requires that you be familiar with all the instruction mnemonics.)
attachment.php

tc1031141.jpg tc1031142.jpg tc1031143.jpg

Last edited:
Rockwell Automation has some common Add-On Instructions (AOI) for the ControlLogix family controllers available in their Sample Code library.

The SCP instruction works the same in both ControlLogix and CompactLogix, but is posted to the library separately because some users have the CompactLogix-only editions of RSLogix 5000.

Direct Link to Sample Code Database