Ignition Scada graphics Issue

grnick50

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I am doing my first ignition project and I am having a bit of an issue with the graphics.
The thing is that in the designer, all my Items-pipes are lined-up properly, but when in runtime they don't show lined up.

I believe the issue is the resolution of the window.

I am going to use a 1920x1080 monitor. I have navigation pane with a height of 117 pixels, so I thought my window should be 1080-117=963px. However, this is only true in full screen (how do I enable that mode?).
I also have to subtract the menu bar on top (can I remove it?) and the bar that informs me that I am in trial mode. Is that correct?
How do you go about selecting your screen resolutions?

Regards

Design.jpg Runtime.png

Right click the objects and make sure they all have the same alignment settings. Review alignment in the help file. You may also find in necessary to group the objects or place them in a container.

A few things...

Full screen/Windowed mode should be a project property accessible from the designer.

I took me a bit to get the settings correct for a 1920 x 1080 based project. When I was experimenting In "full screen" mode I discovered that there must be some type of 1 pixel boarder, my window width for a 1920 monitor is actually set to 1918. Anything greater produced a horizontal scroll bar. Same applies to the height, assuming no header/footer then you would have a height of 1078.

The trial mode menu bar will stay until you license it.

If you use the project in "windowed" mode, then you have to account for the boarder/menu bar sizing by looking at display properties of the operating system itself to account for it.

For the objects on the screen you have to be concerned about layout mode. You can either "anchor" objects or keep them set to "relative". Relative allows for them change/move sizing based on adapting to different screen resolutions. If your designer and run time environments don't match in resolution objects will shift. So if you're creating for 1920 x 1080 monitors, you should use "anchored" if you need to adapt to varying resolutions then relative should be the choice.