Tp170b & S7-300 & Alarm_s

fredajones

I am trying to get ALARM_S messages to work with an S7-314 PLC and a TP170B display.

I am using SFC18 and I have set it up as per a very detailed Siemens FAQ (6835895). When I test without the display attached I can see my messages are being sent correctly by looking at the "CPU Messages" with the Step7 software package.

The problem comes when I connect the TP170B and messages are no longer sent and instead I get the fault code "8085 - No logon for the specified EV_ID" returned by SFC18.

So it seems to be saying that the display isn't set up to receive the ALARM_S messages.

I have Step7 and ProTool integrated, and I have ticked the "ALARM_S" option for my TP170B project.

What am I missing? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hi Freda,
don't know too much about SFC18 and I've to throw a tantrum to get them to let me buy an OP7 :rolleyes: , but do you have the controller selected in the ALARM_S details box in Protool? If that box is blank you have to go to controllers in the left menu of the main project page and select properties of the controller, select parameters, and where it says "select a communication peer"make sure your PLC (whatever it is called in Simatic Manager)is selected. It should then be present in the ALARM_S detail.According to the help files it should be toffee after that, but like I said I've never used that SFC. BOL. :confused:

You are a star!

I would never have figured that out for myself and it has done the trick.

Thank you very very much. :)