Wonderware Historical Data Server (hd.exe) using lots of processor

phuz

Hi,
I just ran into an issue where the InTouch historical trending is not functioning properly, and when I look in task manager, the historical data server (hd.exe) is using almost 20% CPU, compared to almost nothing when it's functioning fine. My trends are completely black and do not show data. If I force the hd.exe closed and restart InTouch, it might start working, but it does not last long before it behaves like this again.
Any ideas?

Hi,
I just ran into an issue where the InTouch historical trending is not functioning properly, and when I look in task manager, the historical data server (hd.exe) is using almost 20% CPU, compared to almost nothing when it's functioning fine. My trends are completely black and do not show data. If I force the hd.exe closed and restart InTouch, it might start working, but it does not last long before it behaves like this again.
Any ideas?

You aren't running out of disk space, are you? That used to be a potential problem, when HDDs were smaller than they typically are these days. Maybe you're writing data to a bad sector? InTouch trending will do this with a corrupted file. Having a file with a future hour after a change in DST will also cause this problem to occur.

lol, no disk space is not an issue.
I had actually tried deleting the historical files for that day, and it worked briefly, but back to the issue. Hmmm...maybe if I delete everything since the weekend (DST change), it will be OK, but that hardly seems like a fix, and more of a bug.

lol, no disk space is not an issue.
I had actually tried deleting the historical files for that day, and it worked briefly, but back to the issue. Hmmm...maybe if I delete everything since the weekend (DST change), it will be OK, but that hardly seems like a fix, and more of a bug.

DST is a bug. Wonderware offers some scripting work-arounds, but they're kind of complicated. It's difficult to make sense of a single hour occurring twice in the same day.