colors for the serial cable ??

siggibald

hei

i have a frozen micro 820 and i have to connect serial rs 232 cable. where can i find the right wire colors for the serial port on the micro 820 ?

Last edited:
hei
where can i find the right wire colors for the serial port on the micro 820 ?

In your dreams.

There is no official color code for things like communications cables (wouldn't it be nice?). Even if there was, it would depend on DCE or DTE and so on. Remember, the transmit at one device connects to the receive at the other device, so the code wouldn't always be "red for receive" for example.

I always went to great lengths to document on the system drawings the colors at each termination point. I could only do this on as-builts, because different vendors of multi-conductor cable used different colors.