Pc 1100

Marro13

I have a baler that Uses a PC 1100 with a external input/output rail and I'm not getting any power to my input card that is located on the external rail. Is there any way to test the rail? I tested the input card and it works.

Google thinks that a PC 1100 is a Komatsu Hydraulic Excavator. The next best guess would be a Hewlett Packard Compaq Tablet PC, model TC-1100. Is that what you have?

I believe it comes from a outlet it's a westinghouse nl 1005 board this is what I'm trying to figure so I can see if I'm losing power going to the board. It seems that the boards jump each other from the same power supply

If it is powered by 120 volts AC, then there could be (and should be) a fuse or circuit breaker on the NL-1005 module. Check that first.

EDIT: Looking at pictures of the Westinghouse Numa Logics NL-1005 Input board, it appears to be powered by a low-voltage 36-pin bus from the PC-1100. It accepts 120 VAC external inputs. Based on that, if the board is working, then it must be the "external rail" (I think it is called an expansion rack by Westinghouse) that is at fault.

How do you know that the Input board is working? The manual says that the LEDs on the input module are powered by the inputs, not the PC-1100. So the LEDs going on and off does not indicate that the NL-1005 is working or is sending input logic to the PC-1100 programmable controller.

Here is a link to the manual for the Westinghouse PC-1100 programmable controller, which has some information about the NL-1005 Input module.
http://www.pps2.com/communications/files/1200/sec1 - 2.pdf

This manual on page 2-7 says that the PC-1100 has an internal power supply that only supplies 2 Amps total of DC power. If the expansion modules require more than that, then there should also be an additional external power supply (see picture). Check to see if you have an external power supply, and that it is providing DC power to your NL-1005 expansion module.

Westinghouse PC-1100 Power Supplies.jpg

Last edited:
Is one of the separate two bottom modules the suspect NL-1005 module?

It appears that your system has 9 external I/O modules but no extra external power supply (a lot of stuff on a 2 Amp power supply). Do you know if your internal PC-1100 power supply is still working? Is the "DC OK" LED still lighted?

Last edited:
Yes the dc ok led is on. The bottom module is a Nl 1005 (which is on its own rail nlre-1009) this is the one that Iam not getting any feed back to all my input boards on the top rail work perfectly.

Check that gray connector cable between the top rack and the bottom rack. It could have a bad pin or a broken wire. Check it end-to-end with an ohmmeter to see if all cables and connectors have continuity.

PS: According to the manaul page 1-5, Figure 1-3, the NLRE-1009 is an "Expansion Rack", not a rail.

Last edited:
I will double check tomrrow but I had the grey connector cable checked and it was all in working order

Your NL-1005 module may not be working (see attached picture). I see that you can still buy new Westinghouse Numa Logic NL-1005 Input Modules from Ebay and other sources, for $80 to $120. You might get a spare and plug it in to see if that solves the problem.

If not, then it has to be your NLRE-1009 Expansion Rack, or the connector cable.

Westinghouse Input Module NL-1005 LEDs.jpg

Last edited:
I have a extra 1005 input and I'm pretty sure it's not that. I think the NLRE-1009 expansion rack is my next buy. I'll let you know after I replace it how that works. Thanks for your help