S7-1217 & Wonderware

Mike_RH

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone tried a setup of a Siemens S7-1217 With Wonderware InTouch?

I have existing installations using S7-1214 (V3 firmware)using R12 of WW working using the SiDirect server.

When I try with a 1217, its no go. I am reading / writing a few markers and outputs, no DB's involved.

Any idea's ? Things to look for?

What firmware is the S7-1217? I think I recall seeing someone post that they were having trouble getting v4 cpu's connected to another third party HMI, even though the V3's worked fine.

Is there a 1500 driver you can try, instead of the 300/400 driver? I think the upgrade from V3 to V4 made a lot of behind the scenes changes to make the 1200 more like the 1500.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses.

I am using the WonderwareSiemens DAserver V3.
As I mentioned the 1214 with V3 firmware are fine, the 1217 with V4 firmware no.
When I get it figured out, I will post the answer.

Protection settings have changed and the settings for a database have also changed (Accessible to HMI and Visible to HMI). I am using firmware 4 with Beijer HMIs and all seems to work OK. I can't remember if when I upgraded the program (Firmware 3 to 4) if it set protection to 'Full' or to 'No Access'.

Protection.jpg Database Settings.jpg